Dublin Unified School District is seeking up to seven (7) parents / community members to serve on a district-wide advisory committee to provide input on the development and implementation of a three-year Local Control Accountability Plan (LCAP).
This committee composed of parents, teachers, a high school student, administration and Trustees, will provide input on specific goals to close the achievement gap for students with special needs including English-language learners, low-income youth and students in foster care. The LCAP will be integrated into the district’s Strategic Plan, “Vision 2020”, and will be reviewed and approved by the Board of Trustees and the Alameda County Office of Education.
Members of the Local Control Advisory Committee will serve a two-year term. The
membership of the committee should reflect the diversity of the community and the student body.
Make Up of the Committee:
- Two Trustees
- Seven parents/community members
- One high school student
- Three teachers (including one representative from Dublin Teachers Association)
- One representative from Classified School Employees Association
- One member of the District Language Acquisition Committee
- One elementary principal
- One secondary principal
- Three Assistant Superintendents
- Director of Special Education
- Meetings will take place from 6:30 - 8:30 p.m. on the following dates: March 6, April 10, May 8, June 4.
- Meetings will be held monthly on the dates above during plan development and quarterly thereafter to monitor and adjust the plan.
Interested parents/community members should submit the attached application to the District office by 4:00 p.m. on February 21, 2014. Applications may also be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A Committee composed of the superintendent, senior staff and trustees will interview and select members from those whom apply.
If you have questions regarding Local Control Funding Formula (LCAP), the committee or the interview process please contact Dr. Hanke at 925.828.2551 ext. 8002.