Dublin residents can beat the heat and the drought this summer by signing up now to receive a no cost home efficiency assessment, including the installation of energy- and water-saving devices, offered through the City of Dublin and California Youth Energy Service (CYES). CYES is the youth employment program offered by Rising Sun Energy Center.
During a "Green House Call," two Dublin energy specialists will assess energy- and water-saving opportunities, install conservation measures where appropriate, and collect information for a follow-up report. A Green House Call can last 30 minutes to two hours, depending on the size of the home.
Appointments are available in Dublin for both homeowners and renters between July 1 and August 7, Tuesday through Friday, from 10:30 AM to 6:00 PM.
Residents can receive at NO COST:
• Energy-efficient lighting
• Water-efficient showerheads, faucet aerators, toilet flappers and hose sprayers (provided by the Dublin San Ramon Services District)
• Toilet leak detection test
• A check of your water meter, water pressure, and irrigation system
• Hot water pipe insulation
• LED night light, power strip or retractable clothesline
• Inspection of attic insulation
• E-waste pick-up and disposal
• Eco-friendly recycling tips
• Energy and water conservation tips to help you save money on utility bills
Each resident will receive a customized follow-up report that documents work completed during the Green House Call, and lists ways to capture additional water and energy savings through rebates and other programs such as bill discounts, weatherization, and attic insulation.
Supported in part by the City of Dublin, Dublin San Ramon Services District, Pacific Gas & Electric Company, the East Bay Energy Watch Partnership, and the Marin Energy Watch Partnership, CYES provides summer employment and training to youth and young adults, ages 15 - 22. For more information on CYES, visit www.risingsunenergy.org. For questions about this summer’s program in Dublin, contact the City of Dublin at (925) 833-6650.Sign up for an appointment.
—Information from the City of Dublin