Suspected sexual abuse in boy scouts' files: There are 24 cases of possible sexual abuse in 14 East Bay communities by Boy Scout troop leaders and volunteers listed in the organization's sexual abuse files released Thursday to the public. The files became public Thursday as part of an $18.5 million settlement between the Boy Scouts and a victim.
Tina Faelz case: Steven Carlson, accused of murdering Tina Faelz has been ordered to stand trial. During the preliminary hearing on Tuesday, a most likely a blade up to 1 inch wide and 4 inches long. A high school classmate testified during the preliminary examination that Carlson made a stabbing motion to his younger brother and said, "Come here little boy and let me kill you like I killed her." Carlson has been ordered to stand trial. The crime remained unsolved for 27 years until Pleasanton police announced in August 2011 that DNA evidence had linked Steven Carlson, who was 16 at the time of the murder and is now 44, to Faelz's death.
$4000 reward for stolen dog: A $4,000 reward is being offered by the pet owners of a dog taken during a burglary in Pleasanton on Oct. 8. Holly was taken during the burglary and has not been seen since. Pet owner Jeff Castronovo is offering a .
Esteller Martial Arts in Tri-Valley: Learn about some of the life-saving philosophies Ron Esteller's teaches his students. Esteller lost a cousin in 1979 to violent crime and knows the pain of child abduction. Do you know what S.A.F.E K.I.D.S stands for? Read the full story here.
Other news you need to know:
- California Pizza Kitchen Raising Money for the CHP Officer Kenyon Youngstrom Memorial
- Pleasanton's Brandon Crawford Lives His Baseball Dream With Giants In The Playoffs
- Pumpkin Picking in Tri-Valley
- Juliette Goodrich Takes Leap to Raise Money for Bay Area Special Olympics
- Think Pink: Breast Cancer Awareness Month
- Halloween Guide: October is here and we have all the scoop you need on things spooky to do along with costume contests. Check out our topic page- if you dare!
Blog of the week: Tips for Fighting the Flu
What do you think of this week's top stories?
Patch us your comments in the comments section below or in the comments section of a specific story.