Some folks found themselves car-less last week as their vehicles were towed for overdue registration, according to Dublin Police Services records.
According to California Department of Motor Vehicles code 22651, law enforcement can order vehicles towed for a variety of reasons, including expired tags.
To retrieve vehicles, owners must produce valid driver's licenses and up-to-date registration, plus pay associated fines, penalties, towing costs and storage fees.
Records show the handful of cars affected last week in Dublin were towed during daytime hours from residential and commercial streets.
Also last week, Chase Banks were robbed a day apart in Livermore and Pleasanton.
Were the crimes related? Were the suspects the same? Are those the same gloves? Read more here.
For more area police news, read on:
Saturday, Oct. 6
- Oakland man, 22, arrested 3:33 a.m. along 6200 Madigan Road for alleged trespassing and criminal prowling.
- Interstate fugitive arrested on warrant charges 2:20 p.m. on 18000 San Ramon Valley Road. No other details available.
- Vandalism reported 11:24 a.m. on 1100 Crestfield Drive.
- I-880 crash at 1 a.m. kills Palo Alto woman, 49.
Friday, Oct. 5
- Thefts included: 4600 Lockhart Drive 8 p.m.; bicycle theft along 9100 Alcosta Boulevard; shoplifting on 21300 San Ramon Valley Boulevard; petty theft at 7:20 p.m. on 4800 Dublin Boulevard.
- Vehicle reported stolen 5 p.m. along 8900 Alcosta Boulevard.
- Contra Costa man dies overseas from rabid bat bite.
Thursday, Oct. 4
- Two injury accidents reported: Alcosta Boulevard at I-680; and Alcosta at Iron Horse Trail. Times were not available.
- DUI arrest made of Dublin male 12:36 a.m. on 4800 Tassajara Road.
- Female, 30, arrested by Dublin deputies in Pleasanton for alleged use/influence of controlled substances at 5:27 p.m. on 4100 Vineyard Avenue.
- Car break-in logged on 9100 Alcosta Bouleard; time was unavailable.
- Identity theft reported on the 20700 block of San Ramon Valley Boulevard; time unavailable.
- Senior citizen's on Castro Valley Boulevard.
- Alamo man pleads not guilty to killing neighbor in case reportedly caught on security camera.
Wednesday, Oct. 3
- Three car break-ins reported: 8:28 p.m. on 6700 Regional Street; 8:38 p.m. on 11800 Dublin Boulevard; 10:17 p.m. on 7900 Dublin Boulevard.
- Noise complaints filed: 7:42 p.m. on 100 Civic Plaza; 9:25 p.m. along 7700 Tuscany Drive.
- Narcotics possession reported 2:48 p.m. on Golden Gate Drive at St. Patrick Way.
- Robbery reported at Chase Bank, Livermore, at 2:30 p.m. Suspects' photos here.
Tuesday, Oct. 2
- Misdemeanor hit-and-run reported on 9000 Kimball Avenue at Alcosta Boulevard.
- Two missing-person cases filed: 1:42 p.m. on the 6000 block of Scarlett Court; 5:32 p.m. on the 6600 block of Hemlock Street.
- Robbery reported at Chase Bank on 5800 Stoneridge Mall Road, Pleasanton, at 5:48 p.m.
- Noise complaint filed 5:16 p.m. along 4800 Landmark Way.
- Vehicle towed for overdue registration at 6:50 a.m. on the 7600 block of Landale Avenue.
- Drunk-and-disorderly arrest made 12:25 p.m. along 6900 York Avenue.
Monday, Oct. 1
- Vehicle reported stolen 10:44 a.m. on 6000 Scarlett Court.
- Vehicles towed for overdue registration: 10:23 a.m. on 7800 Hinsdale Drive; 11:34 a.m. on Hacienda Drive at Martinelli Way.
- Double arrest of Dublin male, 30, and female, 25, for alleged police obstruction at 4:33 p.m. on the 5100 block of Hinsdale Drive.
- Berkeley man, 26, arrested for alleged public intoxication 12:20 a.m. on 6400 Dublin Boulevard.
- Battery reported 7:50 p.m. along 100 Corrine Court.
- DUI arrest made 8:13 p.m. on Alcosta Boulevard at Davona Drive.
- Evening accident on I-680 reported.
- Mental evaluation order for Oakland university shooter.
- Michelle Le's murder trial begins.
Sunday, Sept. 30
- Burglary reported on 4800 Tassajara Road 5:57 p.m.
- A Mountain House woman, 27, was arrested for suspected theft and outstanding warrants 12:59 p.m. on 6100 Dublin Boulevard.
- Stolen/lost license plate reported 5:29 p.m. on the 3600 block of Whitworth Drive.
- Vehicle towed after 72 hours at 3:18 p.m. along 3200 Maguire Way.
- Shoplifting/theft reported on 21000 San Ramon Valley Boulevard at 10:40 a.m.
- Woman found in Livermore sleeping in van stolen from Concord.