A 20-year-old woman from Galt was reportedly arrested on suspicion of felony DUI in connection with a car crash last week that killed a female passenger near the Bernal Avenue exit on I-680, according to news reports.
No charges are filed, Alameda County deputy district attorney Teresa Drenick said on Monday.
"This matter remains under investigation, and has not been referred to the District Attorney's Office for review," Drenick said.
Megan Emslander, 20, was arrested Aug. 18 by on suspicion of driving under the influence resulting in bodily injury, reports state.
Her passenger, Samantha Emslander, 22, also from Galt in Sacramento County, was pronounced dead at the scene of the on northbound I-680, according to Dublin CHP and the Alameda County Coroner's Bureau.
The relationship between Megan and Samantha could not be confirmed.
The pair were traveling in a convertible that crashed into a ditch on the side of the Bernal Avenue on-ramp, authorities said.
Initial investigations by law enforcement indicated the driver may have fallen asleep behind the wheel.
Funeral services for Samantha, an Air Force reservist and college student, were held Thursday and Friday in Sacramento.
In other news last week, a 31-year-old man, who while driving around a parking lot in Livermore, was arrested for suspected DUI in connection with the incident.
The story, which has garnered nationwide attention since it was first published by Livermore Patch, began Wednesday when the suspect, Jon Buna, went to a storage facility on Rutan Drive near Airway Boulevard where he had his two-door BMW parked.
Buna apparently got into the vehicle and began driving recklessly around the parking lot, according to the .
He reportedly stopped the car and a frightened female passenger exited the vehicle, however, the driver's door was open and Buna's left foot was hanging down outside the car, reports state.
The woman "thought it looked like he was going to get out of the car," officer Traci Rebiejo said. "But then she heard the engine rev, and it quickly accelerated to about 20 mph in a reversed arch."
The BMW then collided into a parked trailer before hitting a three-foot safety pole and side-swiping a storage locker door encased with protruding cement cinder blocks that separate the storage units.
It appears Buna's foot was completely severed at the ankle when it became trapped between cinder blocks and the vehicle, Rebiejo said.
The injured Buna then parked his vehicle, and the woman called for help, police said.
In other news:
Saturday, Aug. 25
- Vandalism reports filed 9:30 a.m. on 8300 North Lake Drive, and 4:30 p.m. on 7100 San Ramon Road.
- Noise complaint logged 9:29 a.m. on 11800 Silvergate Drive.
- Car break-in reported 2:15 p.m. on 3600 Fallon Road.
Friday, Aug. 24
- Grand theft logged noon on 1 El Charro Road.
- Thefts reported noon along 6500 Golden Gate Drive, and 7:54 p.m. on 7900 Bristol Road.
- Vandalism cited 7:30 p.m. on 5000 Dublin Boulevard.
- Dublin male, 37, arrested 10:18 p.m. along 3200 Dublin Boulevard for suspected domestic battery.
- Dublin man, 56, arrested 8:56 p.m. on the 7600 block of Arbor Creek Circle for alleged domestic assault and warrant.
- Vehicle tampering reported along Iron Horse Trail near Paraiso Drive.
- Drunk-and-disorderly arrest made of a woman 11:19 p.m. along 7200 Village Parkway.
- Alameda County Sheriff's Office holds s.
- Warrant issued for Vallejo man wanted in alleged San Lorenzo Craigslist/Starbucks armed robbery.
Thursday, Aug 23
- Triple arrest made 11:11 p.m. on the 7000 block of Ann Arbor Way: Dublin female, 40, for alleged child endangerment, drug-paraphernalia possession, using/being under the influence of controlled substances; San Lorenzo man, 35, for suspected use/influence of controlled substances and paraphernalia possession; Redwood City male, 29, for being under the influence of susbstances.
- Criminal threats reported 3:58 p.m. on 100 Civic Plaza.
- Unlicensed motorist cited 2:23 p.m. on Alcosta Boulevard at Village Parkway.
- Pleasanton police , from an Aug. 19 2:30 a.m. reported attack in the city's Kottinger Park.
- from Alamo and Moraga found by police near Walnut Creek.
- in Danville.
Wednesday, Aug. 22
- Vandalism cited 10:35 p.m. on 11600 Harlan Road.
- in afternoon suspected DUI incident near East Airway Boulevard, Livermore.
- A Castro Valley man, 28, and woman, 42, were arrested at 6:08 p.m. on 7500 Amador Valley Boulevard for suspected vehicle theft, warrants, probation violations, being under influence of controlled substances and giving false identification to officers.
- CDC warns of .
- Suspicious circumstances investigated 6:21 p.m. along 6400 Dougherty Road.
Tuesday, Aug. 21
- Two car break-ins logged: 7:10 a.m. on 8800 Davona Drive; 6 p.m. on 7900 South Lake Drive.
- Suspicious circumstances investigated along 7800 Dublin Boulevard at 12:18 p.m.
- False display of vehicle registration cited 8:29 p.m. on Sierra Lane at Dougherty Road.
Monday, Aug. 20
- Three car break-ins reported 5:50 p.m., 6:04 p.m. and 6:17 p.m. on the 6700, 5000 and 4800 blocks of Dublin Boulevard, respectively.
- Theft logged 8 p.m. on 6500 King Way.
- Three men were arrested for alleged use/influence of controlled substances 11:20 p.m. on 4500 Dublin Boulevard -- a Pacifica man, 23, San Ramon man, 20, and a Livermore male, 19.
- Grand theft of a bicycle reported along 5300 Ironhorse Parkway.
- Dublin man, 36, arrested 8:35 a.m. on the 6100 block of Moore Place for alleged protective-order violation.
Sunday, Aug. 19
- Santa Rosa male, 32, arrested on warrant charges 2:03 a.m. on Village Parkway at Dublin Boulevard.
- Death report investigated 11:32 a.m. on 5400 Demarcus Boulevard.
- DUI arrests made: 1:55 a.m. on Branigan Street at Dublin Boulevard; 2:34 a.m. on 5000 Dublin Boulevard; 5:50 a.m. on 6000 Dougherty Road.
- Stolen vehicle/boat/trailer reported 11:30 a.m. on 7800 Dublin Boulevard.
- Double arrest of a man, 23, and female, 19, for suspected use/influence of conrolled substances and paraphernalia possession 11:59 p.m. on 4500 Dublin Boulevard.
Kris Noceda contributed to this story.