In an Inc. Magazine article, this business owner describes her frustration, safety precautions for everyone to consider, and what Apple application minimized her losses and protected company data.
Read the Oct. 20 article here.
In other news, Dublin Police Services and Camp Parks Police Department will hold prescription-drug drop-offs Saturday from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. as as part of the 7th National Prescription Drug Take Back Day.
The departments, along with the Drug Enforcement Administration, encourage the public to help prevent pill abuse and theft by ridding their homes of potentially dangerous prescription drugs.
Community members can bring expired, unused or unwanted medications for disposal to the police station at 100 Civic Plaza, or 790 Camp Parks, according to the DEA web site. This service is free and anonymous.
For more information on the nationwide Drug Take Back Day, or additional drop-off sites in the area, click here.
In other area crime news:
Saturday, Oct. 19
- DUIs reported: 2:12 a.m. I-580 at San Ramon Road; 2:35 a.m., location unavailable.
- Runaway reported 4:30 a.m. on the 7900 block of Fall Creek Road.
- Theft logged along 7400 Brighton Court 4:47 p.m.
- Battery reported on the 4200 block of Fitzwilliam Street 7:33 a.m.
- Use/influence of controlled substances reported 9:06 a.m. on 4500 block of Gleason Drive.
- Two BART employees struck and killed by train near Walnut Creek station.
- Stolen vehicle recovered along 6600 Donlon Way 8:56 p.m.
- Use/influence of controlled substances: 2:49 p.m. on 2800 Dublin Boulevard.
- Noise disturbances: 11:01 p.m. on 5300 Ironhorse Parkway; 8:38 p.m. along 7700 Tuscany Drive.
- Burglaries reported: 9:20 a.m. along 9600 Schaefer Heights Court; 3:56 p.m. along 4400 Kelly Canyon Road.
- Vehicle reported stolen 7 p.m. Donlon Road at Dublin Boulevard.
- Theft: 10:27 a.m. on 4400 Tassajara Road.
- Noise disturbance: 6:11 p.m. on 7900 Firebrand Drive.
- Vehicle towed overdue registration 1:29 p.m. on 4900 Dublin Boulevard.
- Suspicious circumstances investigated along 6900 Amador Plaza Road 2:33 p.m.
- Dublin man, 53, cited for alleged battery along 5500 West Las Positas Boulevard at 5:30 p.m.
- Hit-and-run car fire 12:22 a.m. on East Ruby Hill Drive in Pleasanton.
- Vehicle reported stolen 5:58 a.m. on 3600 Central Parkway.
- Vehicle towed overdue registration 10:11 a.m. Hansen Drive at Dublin Boulevard.
- Burglary reported 8 a.m. along 6500 King Way.
- Controlled substance possession reported 10:49 p.m. along 4900 Hacienda Drive.
- Use/influence of controlled substances: 12:26 a.m. at West Dublin/Pleasanton BART station.
- Possession of drug paraphernalia: 12:40 p.m. on 4900 Dublin Boulevard.
- Noise disturbance reported along 6500 Cotton Wood Circle 9:48 p.m.
- Use/influence of controlled substances reported 2:28 p.m. along 7200 Village Parkway.
- 'In pavement' lights under repair when Pleasanton pedestrians hit Oct. 12 crossing Santa Rita Road. Female victim passed away from her injuries.
- Vehicle reported stolen 1:11 p.m. on 7100 Regional Street.
- Suspicious circumstances investigated 3:47 p.. on the 2800 block of Southwind Circle.
- Bicyclist injured on Pleasanton Ridge taken to hospital by helicopter.
- Vehicle towed after notice to appear on 4800 Hacinda Drive 1:57 p.m.
- Burglary reported 2 p.m. along 3100 Finnian Way.
- Noise disturbance 3:01 p.m. Arnold Road at Dubin Boulevard.
- Vehicle towed after notice to appear 10:22 a.m. along 6400 Dougherty Road.
- Vehicle left beyond 72 hours towed 12:16 p.m. on the 3500 block of Cydonia Court.
- DUI: 7:17 p.m. Dublin Boulevard at San Ramon Road.
- Motorist with marijuana cited 10:34 a.m. Donlon Way at Dublin Boulevard.
- Possession of drug paraphernalia reported 4:37 p.m. Golden Gate Drive at Dublin Boulevard.