The Fremont Police Department officer recovered a license plate that belonged to a stolen car parked in front of home on Gina Street in Fremont and was beginning to investigate at the house when an anonymous caller dialed 911 reporting a shooting in progress at San Pedro Drive and Thornton Avenue, police said.
Fremont dispatch determined, however, that the call was coming from the Gina Street area. After speaking with a female at the house, police learned "the shooting" was a ruse to pull officers away from the Gina home so occupants inside could flee, police said.
Ultimately, the house was surrounded and occupants arrested included: the Livermore male for the stolen vehicle; Fremont woman, 44, for possession of meth; Newark man, 21, for dangerous-weapon warrant; San Jose female, 32, for possession of meth, meth pipe and being under the influence; Fremont woman, 30, for child endangerment.
In other area crime news:
Saturday, Oct. 12
- I-580 big rig collision closes freeway in the morning.
- Crash near midnight on I-580.
- Narcotics possession reported 8:35 p.m. on 2800 Dublin Boulevard.
- Public intoxication logged 9:31 p.m. along 4900 Dublin Boulevard.
- Use/influence of controlled substances reported 12:23 a.m. on the 11200 block of Marwick Drive.
- Motorist with suspended/revoked license cited on I-580 and Eden Canyon Road 1:37 a.m.
- Vehicle towed for overdue registration on the 6500 block of Sierra Lane 11:10 a.m.
- Marijuana possession reported 12:18 a.m. on the 7500 block of Inspiration Drive.
- Unlicensed motorist cited 11:47 a.m. along 7200 block of Amador Valley Boulevard.
- Stolen vehicle recovered 12:10 p.m. along 6200 Grassland Drive.
- Driver cut from vehicle after collision on I-580.
- Car break-in logged along 4700 Hacienda Drive 6:46 p.m.
- Identity theft reported 2:22 p.m. on 5700 block of Avellina Drive.
- Vehicles towed for overdue registration: 6:41 a.m. on 7300 Amador Valley Boulevard; 11:30 a.m. on 6400 Dublin Boulevard; 2:31 p.m. San Ramon Road at Silvergate Drive.
- Use/influence of controlled substances 11:39 a.m. on 7900 Dublin Boulevard.
- $4 million in marijuana seized in Alameda County.
- Cherryland man facing animal cruelty charges asks judge permission to visit puppy.
- County coroner IDs man found in Livermore creek last week.
- Police obstruction logged 1:31 a.m. Amador Plaza Road at St. Patrick Way.
- Runaway reported 8:30 p.m. on the 6800 block of South Mariposa Lane.
- Shoplifting thefts: 3:09 p.m. on 4800 Dublin Boulevard; 12:16 p.m. on 7200 Regional Street.
- Burglary 7:34 p.m. on 4800 Dublin Boulevard.
- Vehicle towed for overdue registration 10:51 a.m. on 7000 Donlon Way.
- Stolen vehicle recovered 10:51 a.m. on 25200 Palomares Road.
- Vehicle left on highway towed 2:01 p.m. from I-580 and Dougherty Road.
- Forgery reported 10:09 a.m. on the 7300 block of Village Parkway.
- Burglary reported 3:31 p.m. on the 4200 block of Clarinbridge Circle.
- Theft of vehicle parts/tampering reported 7:30 a.m. on 6400 Dublin Court.
- Domestic battery reported 9:55 a.m. on 11900 block of Dublin Boulevard.
- Narcotics possession: 8:51 a.m. along 5300 Broder Boulevard.
- Suspicious circumstances reported along 100 Civic Plaza 6:24 p.m.
- Lawyer asks judge for more time before Cody Hall enters plea.
- Fire department responds to smell at Stoneridge Mall.
- Friends of Pleasanton beating victim encouraged by his progress.
- Vehicle towed after notice to appear issued 12:09 p.m. Hacienda Drive at Martinelli Way.
- Telephone harassment reported 12:55 p.m. along 4500 Brannigan Street.
- Car break-in: 4:10 p.m. on 4700 Tassajara Road.
- Burglary reported 1 p.m. on 4800 block of Swinford Court.
- Theft reported along 7200 Regional Street 1 p.m.