The suspects were described as an Hispanic man and a black woman, who apparently slid the merchandise into a tote bag. No arrests are yet made, and the case is under investigation, police said.
Anyone with information about this incident is urged to call the Pleasanton Police at 925-931-5100.
In other area crime news:
Saturday, Oct. 26
- Pedestrian struck by truck after running across I-580.
- Urban Shield scenarios begin in Livermore.
- Shoplifting reported 9:40 p.m. on the 7200 block of Regional Street.
- Possession of controlled substances reported 6:40 a.m. Camp Parks and Dublin Boulevard.
- Use/influence of controlled substances reported 12:53 a.m. on 7800 Amador Valley Boulevard.
- Burglary reported 11:15 a.m. along 6200 Woodvale Terrace.
- Possession of marijuana for sale reported 1:19 a.m. on 4800 Hacienda Drive.
- Motorist with marijuana cited along 7700 Amador Valley Boulevard 9:45 a.m.
- Pleasanton man shot in I-680 possible road-rage incident at 5:30 a.m.
- Family of Dublin woman killed in limo fire filing lawsuit.
- Car break-in: 7 p.m. on 7600 Arbor Creek Circle.
- Identity theft reported on 100 Civic Plaza 2:57 p.m.
- Use/influence of controlled substances reported 7:01 a.m. on 7400 Dublin Boulevard.
- Car break-in: 12:33 a.m. on 4800 Tassajara Road.
- Shoplifting: 7:01 a.m. on 7400 Dublin Boulevard.
- Missing person reported 1:08 p.m. on the 4800 block of Hacienda Drive.
- Battery reported 6 p.m. on 3200 Dublin Boulevard.
- Theft: on 3200 block of Central Parkway 7:50 p.m.
- False proof of vehicle registration cited 9:04 a.m. Amador Valley Boulevard and Village Parkway.
- Vehicle towed after notice to appear 7:50 a.m. Amador Plaza Road at Dublin Boulevard.
- Zis Is a Stick-Up: Man robs Pleasanton bank using 'bad French accent' and gun.
- Theft of vehicle parts logged 2:41 p.m. along 7100 Amador Valley Boulevard.
- Death investigated on the 7400 block of Limerick Avenue 7:03 p.m.
- Narcotics sales/possession reported on 7100 Village Parkway 1:06 p.m.
- Public intoxication: 9:29 p.m. on 8900 San Ramon Road.
- DUI: 2:45 a.m. Rolling Hills Circle at Silvergate Drive.
- Suspicious circumstances investigated 9:15 a.m. on 5000 Hacienda Drive.