Andrew Nisbet, 31, facing 65 counts of sexual abuse and assault following an investigation by the Livermore Police Department, was arrested the day before he was to receive the 2013 Junior Golf Leader Award at the Contra Costa Country Club.
Nisbet was director of instruction at Los Positas Golf Club and the founder of GRIP Academy, which drew students from throughout the East Bay. Las Positas Golf terminated Nisbet’s employment immediately after learning of the arrest, police said.
Read more on the case here.
If anyone has information about this case, they are encouraged to call the Livermore police at (925) 294-7531. Those who wish to remain anonymous may do so.
In other area crime news:
Saturday, Dec. 7
- Battery reported 9:45 a.m. on the 4200 block of Clarinbridge Circle.
- Possession of marijuana for sale reported 7:07 p.m. Fallon Road at Dublin Boulevard.
- Forgery reported 3:07 p.m. on 2800 Dublin Boulevard.
- Domestic disturbance: 11:56 a.m. on 2700 block of North Kilbride Lane.
- Homeless Man Found Dead in Dublin, Coroner Investigating.
- Domestic disturbance calls: 8:40 p.m. on the 2700 block of East Cog Hill Terrace; 7:24 a.m. along 5400 Demarcus Boulevard.
- Domestic battery reported 9:28 p.m. n 7900 Fall Creek Road.
- Shoplifting: 12:53 p.m. on 2800 Dublin Boulevard.
- Burglaries: 10 a.m. on 6300 Scarlett Court; 10 a.m. along 4600 Kinsley Street.
- Car break-in: 1:21 p.m. on 4900 Dublin Boulevard.
- Battery: 8:20 a.m. on 3100 Finnian Way.
- Domestic battery reported 12:44 a.m. along 6500 Dublin Boulevard.
- Vandalism/defaced property: 9:31 a.m. near Keegan Street and Finnian Way.
- Hit-and-run with property damage: 3 p.m. on 3200 Central Parkway.
- Vehicle towed for overdue registration 2:47 p.m. on 6300 Dublin Boulevard.
- Robbery reported 5:53 p.m. on 4500 Dublin Boulevard at Chase Bank. Story here.
- Theft: 6:45 a.m. on 4700 Sandyford Court.
- Use/influence of controlled substances 6:27 p.m. on 4800 Dublin Boulevard.
- Hit-and-run with property damage 8:39 p.m. Amador Valley Boulevard and Regional Street.
- Robbery reported 11:42 a.m. on 4200 Dublin Boulevard at Bank of America. Story here.
- Burglary: 4:32 a.m. on 7000 Amador Plaza Road.
- Car break-ins: 7:21 a.m. on 7600 Carlow Way; 6:45 a.m. on 6600 Sierra Court.
- Unlicensed motorist cited 10:59 a.m. Clark Avenue at Dublin Boulevard.
- Car break-ins: 4:20 p.m. on 2800 Dublin Boulevard; 6:03 p.m. on 7900 Dublin.
- Criminal threats reported 10 p.m. on 4300 block of Fitzwilliam Street.
- Prostitution reported 4:40 p.m. on 7200 Amador Plaza Road.
- Use/influence of controlled substances: 11:55 a.m. on 7600 Dublin Boulevard.
- Vehicle towed for overdue registration 1:52 p.m. on 7100 Amador Plaza Road.
- Car break-in: 5 p.m. on 7500 Donohue Drive.
- Missing person/runaway reported 2:38 a.m. on the 8800 block of Oliver Place.
- Identity theft: 1:10 p.m. on 2800 Dublin Boulevard.
- Vehicle parked beyond 72 hours towed 7:38 a.m. on 5200 Aspen Street.