[Related article: Dublin Community Mourns the Loss of Sirous Sadaghiani]
Swalwell paid a visit to Sadaghiani last spring to present him with a flag that had been flown in the Washington Capital Hill building in honor of Sadaghiani's bravery.
Sadaghiani, who had been battling a rare brain tumor called gliomatosis cerebri since the fall of 2012, died in the early morning hours on Sept. 7.
Services for Sadaghiani are being held tonight and tomorrow.
[Related article: Funeral Services for Sirous Sadaghiani]
Sadaghiani, who had attended John Green Elementary School, had powerful support from the Dublin community and through his followers on Facebook, which has now grown to 5847 followers.
Read about Sadaghiani's brave battle and the past fundraisers held for the Sadaghiani family by the Dublin community.
- Dublin Community Mourns the Loss of Sirous Sadaghiani
- What People Are Saying Online About Loss of 9-Year-Old Who Battled Brain Cancer
- Father of Son Battling Rare Brain Tumor: 'Sirous Has Been a Gift From God'
- Boy With Rare Brain Tumor Celebrates Ninth Birthday
- Boy with Tumor Says He 'Wants to Treasure Every Day'
- Boy With Brain Tumor Comes Home After Months in Hospital
- Vito's Express Hosting Fundraiser for Dublin Boy Fighting Cancer
- Fundraiser Draws Community to Support Boy With Cancer
- Sixth Grader Selling Bracelets to Benefit 8-Year-Old Friend with Brain Tumor
- Rockin' Jump Benefit for Boy with Brain Tumor