Colleen Pearson, who also arranged the "White Ribbons for Peace and Hope" movement last year after the death of a Dublin teen, came up with the idea and shared it with the rest of community via Facebook, posting the following message:
Please join in as we light up the night time sky with luminary lights, just as Sirous' smile lit up our community. Together we can show our love and support.
With a few paper lunch bags, something to weigh them down and a candle we can warm the streets of Dublin. Lets leave no space unoccupied. If you have extras please pass along or place.
Psalm 18:28 "You, Oh Lord, keep my lamp burning; my God turns my darkness into light". If you know someone with cancer or have lost a loved one to cancer please join our "LIGHT"!
According to Pearson, the luminaries will be out around the community for nine days in honor of Sadaghiani.
"We have such a wonderful, unselfish place to live," Pearson commented, adding, "Blessed we are."
Funeral services where held Thursday and Friday for the 9-year-old boy who lost his yearlong battle with a rare brain tumor.
[Related article: Dublin Community Mourns the Loss of Sirous Sadaghiani]
On Sept. 14, Sadaghiani's family posted the following message on Sadaghiani's Facebook page, which has now grown to over 5900 followers.
Family would like to extend our deepest gratitude to Valley Christian Center for an amazing service conducted by Paster Ramez Bahu. He was honored with dignity & grace filled with so many who loved & cared for him! Community, friends, family and distinguish member community such as Congressman Swalwell, city council members, Dr. Hanke, Mr. Nomura and teachers.
This wonderful event would not be possible without efforts by Paster Ramez, Irene Padnose, Eddie (slide show) and so many others! Family is proud of such community honoring its own child so graciously in such wonderful event at VVC. Sadaghiani Family
Read about Sadaghiani's battle and the past fundraisers held for the Sadaghiani family by the Dublin community.
Share your photos of the luminaries spotted around town by posting them in our Town Square announcements section.
- Dublin Community Mourns the Loss of Sirous Sadaghiani
- What People Are Saying Online About Loss of 9-Year-Old Who Battled Brain Cancer
- Father of Son Battling Rare Brain Tumor: 'Sirous Has Been a Gift From God'
- Boy With Rare Brain Tumor Celebrates Ninth Birthday
- Boy with Tumor Says He 'Wants to Treasure Every Day'
- Boy With Brain Tumor Comes Home After Months in Hospital
- Vito's Express Hosting Fundraiser for Dublin Boy Fighting Cancer
- Fundraiser Draws Community to Support Boy With Cancer
- Sixth Grader Selling Bracelets to Benefit 8-Year-Old Friend with Brain Tumor
- Rockin' Jump Benefit for Boy with Brain Tumor