Looking for something fun to do to celebrate the Fourth of July weekend?
We've put together a roundup of Independence Day focused outings in the Tri-Valley. Get started with pre-holiday fireworks at the fair in Pleasanton Friday night. Lace up your running shoes on July 4th for the annual fun walk and run event in San Ramon. Next, relax and watch a patriotic holiday parade in Danville. Then top it off with live music and a brilliant fireworks display at Central Park in San Ramon Monday night.
Read on for details about these and other holiday events happening in and near your town. Just click on the links to find out more.
- Head to the at the on Friday for a special display, beginning at 9:15 p.m. Go early to catch a live concert , playing Latin, hip hop and rock at 6 p.m. and 8 p.m. The concert and fireworks are free with fair admission ($10 for ages 13 and up, $8 for seniors, $6 for kids ages 6 - 12 and free for kids younger than 6.)
- Dublin's celebrates Independence Day with featuring top Bay Area comedians both Friday and Saturday at 7:30 p.m. Tickets cost just $5 and are sold at the door.
- Get your July 4th celebration off to a healthy start Monday with either a 3K Fun Walk, a 5K Run/Walk or a 10K Run during beginning at 8:15 a.m. Monday morning at . Make a splash in the wading fountain when you finish the race and chow down on free refreshments--including ice cream and fruit. Click the link above for details on registration fees and check-in times.
- Danville's popular draws more than 40,000 attendees each year, so claim your spot early for a good view of the bands, gymnasts, Scouts, horses, antique cars and community organizations marching down the streets. The parade starts at 9 a.m. on July 4th in Downtown Danville and runs from the corner of Hartz Avenue and Railroad Avenue, continuing down Hartz and San Ramon Valley Boulevard.
- On July 4th from 12 - 1:30 p.m., Pleasanton holds its annual, all-volunteer at . Wear your favorite red, white and blue outfit and bring your families, lawn chairs and picnic lunch to the celebration. Or purchase the popular "A Dog & Drink for a Dollar" prepared by the Lions Club.
- Top off your Fourth of July celebration with the San Ramon's brilliant fireworks display that's synchronized to music. Starting at 1 p.m., Families can enjoy kids' rides and interactive games (including giant hamster balls) plus food and beverage booths provided by local nonprofit organizations. The fireworks show starts at 9:30 p.m. in .
- Want to get away a bit? Tracy, Livermore's neighbor to the east, also hosts a large Monday with a hot air balloon lift, parade and carnival rides followed by a fireworks display at night. And north of Danville in Concord, you can see and hear the 23rd annual Singing Flag on Saturday, Sunday and Monday at 7:30 p.m. at , followed by a fireworks display on July 4th.
For even more weekend events, browse Patch’s events calendar, which we update with community events ranging from family-friendly street fairs to adult-only comedy nights.