Time to pay back the woman who does so much in your life. For mom on her special day, Chef Shell the Dinner Belle recommends this simple recipe from Self.com for Salmon Florentine.
Serves 4 INGREDIENTS
- 2 packages (10 oz each) frozen spinach, thawed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup minced shallots
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 5 sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, plus more to taste
- 1/2 cup part-skim ricotta
- 4 skinless salmon fillets (6 oz each), rinsed and patted dry
Heat oven to 350°. Squeeze spinach of all excess liquid. Set aside. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add shallots; cook, stirring, until soft, about 3 minutes. Add garlic; cook 1 minute more. Add spinach, tomatoes, salt, pepper flakes and pepper; cook, stirring, 2 minutes more. Remove from heat; let cool about 15 minutes. Add ricotta; stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper. Pack about 1/2 cup spinach mixture on top of each fillet, matching the shape of the fillet. Place fillets on a rimmed baking sheet or in a glass baking dish; bake until cooked through, 15 minutes.
Follow Chef Shell's blogs on Patch and watch her videos to get easy, healthful ideas for feeding your family.
- Chef Shell's Cinco de Mayo Taco Salad
- St. Patrick's Day Corned Beef the Chef Shell Way
- Superbowl Guacamole for Game Day
- Chef Shell the Dinner Belle: Fast Holiday Breakfast Idea
- New Year's Eve Appetizer from Chef Shell the Dinner Belle
- Something's Cooking with Chef Shell the Dinner Belle
- Healthy Roasted Butternut Squash Soup from Chef Shell the Dinner Belle