Put on your favorite leprechaun hat and get ready to be Irish for a day. This year St. Patrick’s Day falls on a Sunday, so there’s plenty of celebrating planned in the Tri-Valley.
Here's a list of scheduled activities and events scheduled for St. Patrick's Day weekend:
- Start your St. Patrick’s Day weekend celebration in Pleasanton with the St. Patrick’s Day Brew Crawl: Celebrate the Luck of the Irish. The second annual brew crawl will bring together downtown merchants, restaurants and local on Friday, March 15, 6 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- How about watching Dublin’s 30th annual St. Patrick’s Day Parade at 9:30 a.m Saturday, March 16.
- Don’t miss the East Bay’s best and biggest St. Patrick’s Day Festival where you can honor your Irish roots (or just pretend you have them). The 30th Annual St. Patrick’s Day Festival will be held on Saturday and Sunday, March 16 & 17, from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., at the Dublin Civic Center. There will be plenty to do with three stages of authentic Irish entertainment, 250 craft and commercial vendors, an Irish Tea Cottage, a Festival Food Court featuring unique Irish specialties, carnival rides and of course, a leprechaun!
- On Saturday, March 16, hot “green” pancakes will be served fresh off the griddle at the Annual Firefighter’s Pancake Breakfast. Breakfast will be served beginning at 7 a.m. at Fire Station #16, located at Donohue Drive and Amador Valley Boulevard in Dublin. Tickets can be purchased at the door for $5 per person. Proceeds will benefit the Alameda County Fire Fighters Association-Local 55 Charity Fund, which supports local non-profit and community-based organizations.
- On Sunday, March 17, put on your running shoes for the 15th Annual Shamrock 5K Fun Run and Walk which begins along Dublin Blvd. near the Civic Center at 8:30 a.m. The race will wind its way through town and finish at the festival with live music, awards and giveaways for participants. Register online at www.active.com by March 13. For race information please call 925-556-4500.
- Free coffee for St. Paddy's? Receive a free small "Shamrock Dirtball" at Coffee Ali in Pleasanton. Details here on how to claim the free giveaway.
- That Bar in Danville on St. Patrick's Day will change its name to McGah's Pub and Piano Bar. Help welcome the Irish-themed bar's new era. Details here.
Looking for more? Check out our event calendar for even more weekend fun in your town and neighboring communities.
Know of another local St. Patrick’s Day event? Please share it with your neighbors by adding it in the comments box below.