- Information received from a REI press release
REI (Recreational Equipment, Inc.) will celebrate the grand opening of its with co-op members and the local community on Friday, October 28 to Sunday, October 30.
A number of events and giveaways are scheduled throughout the weekend in honor of the store’s opening, including:
- Free Continental Breakfast – Early birds can enjoy a light breakfast available at 9 a.m. on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, starting one hour before the store opens.
- Shop Early, Get a Gift – The first 200 people (age 12 and older) who visit the store throughout the weekend will receive a limited-edition CamelBak water bottle with an REI gift card inside ranging from $5 to $100. Doors open at 10 a.m. Friday through Sunday.
- Enter to Win Great Prizes – Throughout the grand opening weekend, REI members and customers can enter to win a gear sweepstakes package, available only at the Dublin store.
- Bike Services and Valet – Customers that ride their bikes to the opening will receive a special promotion and free bike maintenance check by REI techs. From 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Saturday, riders can also take advantage of the free bike valet parking provided by East Bay Bicycle Coalition.
- Classes and Events – REI Dublin will offer educational classes, outdoor presentations and volunteer opportunities for the Dublin community, including:
Great Hikes in the San Francisco Bay Area – At 7 p.m. on Oct. 28, receive hiking advice and details on the best trails San Francisco has to offer from hiking expert and author of “101 Great Hikes of the San Francisco Bay Area,” Ann Marie Brown.
Meet World Class Climber Lisa Rands – At 1 p.m. on Oct. 29, meet world class climber and member of The North Face Athlete Team, Lisa Rands.
Hiking in Torres del Paine National Park in Patagonia – At 5 p.m. on Oct. 29, join Chris and Richard Braunlich for a digital presentation of their experiences exploring Chile's Torres del Paine National Park both as independent hikers and trail stewards with REI Adventures' partner organization Conservation Volunteers International Program.
Let’s Go Chipper Story Time – At 1 p.m. on Oct. 30, children ages two to eight can join Ambassador of the Great Outdoors, Chipper the Squirrel and author Stephanie Rach for eco-educational story time, crafts and activities.
REI Ridge Trail Service Day: Alum Rock Park in San Jose – From 8:30 a.m. - 12 p.m. on Nov. 5, REI Dublin and Bay Area Ridge Trail Council will team with the City of San Jose to restore trail tread, improve drainage, clear brush and prune overgrown vegetation of Todd Quick Trail.
Additional event and registration information is available at http://www.rei.com/dublin.