Patch reader Kerrie Maddock Chabot asked: What are the 5 items to always have on hand in fridge and in cupboard?
Chef Shell says home cooks need to keep a supply of broth, canned tomatoes, canned beans, such as black and pinto, along with brown rice and a preferred oil in the pantry at all times. In the fridge. Chef Shell recommends always having the basics including eggs, milk (either cow or soy), vegetables, cheese and fruit.
Missed past "Ask A Chef" columns on Dublin Patch?
Patch readers submitted their cooking questions via Facebook. If you could ask a professional chef any cooking question, what would it be? Tell us in the comments section and Chef Shell may be able to give you an answer in the next article.
Chef Shell is a certified personal chef for professional athletes. She has taught for the Dublin Unified School District, Williams Sonoma and Viking Home Chef.
Find Chef Shell's videos and blogs to get easy, healthful ideas for feeding your family:
- Back to School Dinner Rescue: Flank Steak Marinade
- Just In Time for Graduation Visitors: Cilantro Lime Chicken
- Father's Day Food: Baby Back Ribs
- Chef Shell's Mother's Day Brunch: Salmon Florentine
- Chef Shell's Cinco de Mayo Taco Salad
- St. Patrick's Day Corned Beef the Chef Shell Way
- Superbowl Guacamole for Game Day
- Chef Shell the Dinner Belle: Fast Holiday Breakfast Idea
- New Year's Eve Appetizer from Chef Shell the Dinner Belle
- Chef Shell the Dinner Belle: Crowd-Pleasing New Year's Eve Cocktail
- Something's Cooking with Chef Shell the Dinner Belle
- Healthy Roasted Butternut Squash Soup from Chef Shell the Dinner Belle