Immediate Release - Photo Opportunity
Ellis Goldberg, EllisG237@aol.com 925 451 4303 / 925 831 8355
Our actions mold public opinion which is the ultimate determining factor in a democracy.
99%er National Day of Action: MAY 9 – Alamo CA
99% Forecloses on the Bank Against America
PAY TAXES OR CHANGE YOUR NAME
Across the country MoveOn and allied organizations are taking 99% Spring Actions on May 9th the day of Bank of America shareholders annual meeting. 99%ers from both Central Contra Costa and the TriValley will be at the Bank of America branch in Alamo at 110 Alamo Plaza, between 11:30 and 1PM foreclosing on the bank’s right to use the name AMERICA. Since the bank pays zero taxes we ask it to change its name to Bank Against America or Bank of Something Else. A foreclosure notice will be presented to the bank (see below).
We find this bank’s behavior to be unacceptable:
- Foreclosing on thousands of families across the country, evicting them and leaving them to live in cars
- Selling sub-prime mortgages while misrepresenting the risks
- ROBO-signing foreclosure notices
- Avoiding helping home owners refinance at reasonable rates, while taking billions in bailout money
- Avoiding federal taxes and thereby state taxes too
If you agree that the bank’s behavior is unacceptable please join us on May 9th.
According to Senator Bernie Sanders; Bank of America received a $1.9 billion tax refund from the IRS in 2010, it made $4.4 billion in profits & received a bailout from the Federal Reserve and the Treasury Dept. of nearly $1 trillion.
The bank has billions of dollars of profit stashed off shore to avoid paying taxes, while they have the chutzpah to take bailout money. Bank of America is waiting for a ‘Tax Holiday’ so they can REPATRIATE the stash at a low tax rate. In 2004 the Bush Tax cut included a ‘Tax Holiday’ that repatriated off shore stashes at a 5% tax rate instead of the 35% regular corporate tax rate. The beneficiary companies promised to use the funds to create jobs but they didn’t. They spent the repatriated profits on re-purchasing stock and on many non-job creating expenditures. - THAT’S UNPATRIOTIC. Mortgage
“Unfortunately, it’s all legal” lamented Karen Beck, TriValley MoveOn Council Leader, “but UNPATRIOTIC. That is why we are asking B of A to change its name from AMERICA to something more appropriate like:
Bank of OFF SHORE PROFITS Bank of FORECLOSURES
Bank of BAILOUTS Bank of TAX AVOIDANCE
Bank of FREELOADERS Bank of SUB-PRIME MORTGAGE SCAMS
Bank of ROBO-SIGNERS Bank of TAX HAVENS
Bank AGAINST AMNERICA Bank of USERY
Bank of GREED Bank of THE ONE PERCENT
Bank of TAX DODGERS
WHY DO THIS?
Government provides protection and empowerment for all of us, without which our society stops being civilized. It is essential every American contribute a fair share of the revenue required for government to provide education, infrastructure, research and development, all vital ingredients for reviving the economy. It will be used to rebuild the American Dream and make sure the next generations of Americans have the opportunities they deserve. The purpose of this action is to demonstrate that the 99% will not stand by while government is shrunk until it can be drowned, while protecting loopholes and investment havens for only the wealthiest individuals and corporations. This is not what America should be about. If you are patriotic, please join us. This will be a Civil Obedience Action in that we will comply with all laws, stay out of the way of those doing business and away from traffic.
Public Interest Foreclosure Board of the 99%
United States Citizens
State of California Citizens
Public School Departments of California
Municipalities and Local Governments of California
YOUR PROPERTY IS HEREBY FORECLOSED
To the Bankster In Charge:
According to the public record, you bank has not paid taxes and incurred a substantial debt to the American people between 2008 and today. You have also engaged in uncivil and criminal activity.
Please resolve these problems forthwith:
• Accepting one trillion dollars ($1,000,000,000,000) in bailouts from the American people and a $1 billion tax rebate in 2010, while doing nothing in return for the United States of America or any public entity therein. (http://www.zenzoneforum.com/threads/18597-Who-are-the-10-Biggest-Corporate-Freeloaders )
• Failing to operate the bank to provide financing for individuals and businesses and emphasizing investment banking, a casino for the wealthy, instead. (http://dealbook.nytimes.com/2012/04/19/bank-of-america-reports-earnings-fell-to-653-million-in-first-quarter/ )
• Selling sub-prime interest loans while misrepresenting the risks. (http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/05/06/AR2009050603365.html )
• Not working with underwater homeowners to refinance properties. (http://www.businessweek.com/news/2012-02-29/banks-win-reprieve-on-home-equity-loans-in-settlement-mortgages.html )
• Referring people not in debt to collection agencies and increasing customer fees. (http://www.alternet.org/story/154778/beyond_robosigning_3_other_ways_bank_of_america_is_screwing_americans )
• Spending $3,230,000 on lobbying in 2011 and $870,000 to date in 2012 to corrupt American government. (http://www.opensecrets.org/lobby/clientsum.php?id=D000000090&year=2011 )
If you cannot resolve these problems, your property will be seized and sold. Sincerely,